Really basic question (I'm sure).

  1. #1

    Really basic question (I'm sure).

    I don't want the text in my cells to run over the images I've placed in the adjacent cells, but nor do I want that text wrapped to the cells, expanding them. How do I just let the text run on and disappear behind the cells holding the images, so that you must double-click to read it in its entirety?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Actually, if it's possible, it'd be nice to have the text appear when the cell is selected, without having to double-click, but so that it stays hidden otherwise.

    Can that be done?

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Really basic question (I'm sure).

    wet

    You cannot place an image "in" a cell, just on top of the cell.

    Before placing the image, type a <space> in that cell or cells if the image
    covers more than one.

    The text from the adjacent cell will not run over but if you double-click it
    will all show.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4

    Re: Really basic question (I'm sure).

    I use a formula in that cell to the right to stop the overflow.

    I use:
    =""

    I find it easier to notice in the formulabar when that cell is selected.

    And I can still do things like:

    =if(v1="","something","somethingelse")

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Really basic question (I'm sure).

    Good trick Dave.

    Beats the heck out a space that cannot be seen.

    Gord

  6. #6

    Re: Really basic question (I'm sure).

    I find the more obvious, the better <vbg>.

    But even a single apostrophe would work, too.