Excel copy and paste

  1. #1
    Aamir
    Guest

    Excel copy and paste

    I want to copy and paste a ten sheet worksheet arranged vertically (not
    horizontally as is usually done) in continuation of an existing twelve sheet
    worksheet, also arranged vertically. I am able to "select all" in the second
    worksheet, but when I paste it underneath the existing work sheet, separated
    by one or two row heights, the computer prompts that some area has to be
    equal to some other area, or says try paste in just one cell. When I do the
    latter, it again says exactly what it said before.
    Do you know of an easy solution to this?
    Thank you
    Aamir

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Excel copy and paste

    It sounds like you have some merged cells in your file. Merging cells
    causes a lot of problems, as you have just experienced, and should be
    avoided. The only choices you have are to remove all the cell merging in
    your file, or go through the destination range and merge all the cells to
    match the source range. HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...