Show zero values

  1. #1
    johnny
    Guest

    Show zero values

    When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being
    displayed.

    I have reviewed the following:
    - conditional formatting
    - zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View)
    - stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet
    Change event)
    - locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this
    should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected)

    Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being
    displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence?

    Cheers
    John

  2. #2
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Show zero values

    Check also normal cell formatting! there are formats that hide either
    positive or negative or zero or all numbers! E.g. custom format ;;; hides all
    numbers!

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „johnny” ezt *rta:

  3. #3
    Therese
    Guest

    RE: Show zero values

    Could it be as simple as standing in SheetB!B1 and write
    =IF(SheetA!A1="0";"0";SheetA!A1) - SheetA!A1 being the cell the zero value is
    returning from and SheetB!B1 being the cell the zero value is returning to.
    Works for me - hope you can use it.
    --
    Therese

  4. #4

    Re: Show zero values

    Along with the custom format of: ;;;
    you might want to check for format|conditional formatting.
    (maybe it's returning the 0, then hiding it.)

    Or maybe it's an error in the formula. You may want to post that formula that
    you're putting in the cell.

  5. #5

    Re: Show zero values

    And check to see if calculation is set to automatic, too.