Recently used file list is grayed out, why?

  1. #1
    MrBill
    Guest

    Recently used file list is grayed out, why?

    I just installed Excel 2003 and have one very odd problem. This is
    that the "Recently used file list" is grayed out, which means that I
    have to open files from the File Menu | Previous Files list rather
    than the open menu. I realize that this is a minor irritation, but
    I'm curious why I'm having the problem.

    The configuration item is here: Tools | Options | General | it is the
    4th item in the left column in Settings.

    TIA, Bill

  2. #2
    MrBill
    Guest

    Re: Recently used file list is grayed out, why?

    I solved it, this turned out to be a conflict with a TweakUI setting
    as described here: