How to transfer a sum from one spredsheet to another

  1. #1
    Therese
    Guest

    How to transfer a sum from one spredsheet to another

    I have a list of various food in Sheet!1 A, and the calories are listed in
    colomn B in Sheet!1.
    I want to have the calories transfered to Sheet!2, so that if i write banana
    in Sheet!2 A1, the number of calories from Sheet!1 B3(wich is written next to
    "banana" in A3), will appear. And if I then write blueberries instead, I
    would like the calorieno. for blueberries, wich again comes from Sheet!1
    column B
    Is that possible - and if, then how.
    Therese

  2. #2
    FinRazel
    Guest

    RE: How to transfer a sum from one spredsheet to another

    Make sure in Sheet1, you type names in A1 (food) and B1(calories)
    In Sheet2, B3, insert this formula:
    VLOOKUP(A3,'Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$30,2,FALSE))
    --
    Anne Murray

  3. #3
    Therese
    Guest

    RE: How to transfer a sum from one spredsheet to another

    Hi Anne
    It worked, just amazing! Thanks a lot :-)
    --
    Therese