Chosen not to update links but they are updated anyway. How stop?

  1. #1
    Stephen, Generis
    Guest

    Chosen not to update links but they are updated anyway. How stop?

    Using Excel 2003 but linked to spreadsheets created in 2000. When asked if I
    wanted to update links, I said 'no' because I wanted to take figures and
    break links to some linked spreadsheets. But then spreadsheet appears to
    update anyway, replacing figures I can see (and want) and giving me 'Value'
    errors instead.

  2. #2

    Tools-Options-

    There's a section in Tool-Options-Edit that allows for universal updating of links ("Ask to update automatic links). If this is unchecked, that's probably why.

  3. #3
    Stephen, Generis
    Guest

    Re: Chosen not to update links but they are updated anyway. How st

    I _want_ to be asked if I want to update and this is what it's doing. But
    when I say 'no' to update, it's doing it anyway. Box you refer to is checked.