Worksheet Tabs

  1. #1
    Me
    Guest

    Worksheet Tabs

    If I have an Excel 2003 workbook of 40 worksheets, is there any way I could
    group those into four groups of ten (or something similar)?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Tabs

    You can assign them colors, but you can't group them in any way.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Me
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Tabs

    I assumed as much, but figured I'd make sure.

    The color coding idea is something to look into.

    Thank you.

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Tabs

    Prefix each of your groups with a different prefix
    grp1. grp2. grp3. grp4. (note periods)

    Then sort your worksheet tabs, much better system then trying
    to use color. To sort your worksheets see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#sortallsheets

    BTW, coloring worksheet tabs became available with Excel 2002 (Excel XP)
    ---
    HTH,

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Tabs

    you might want to make that with two digits instead of single digit
    so that you could have more than 10 (0-9) groups for sorting.
    grp01. grp02. grp03. grp04. (note periods)
    or use letters that make some sense
    b. k. t. w.

  6. #6
    Valued Forum Contributor tony h's Avatar
    England: London and Lincolnshire
    Posts
    1,187
    You could of course use a worksheet to make an index page creating hyperlinks to every page. Then you can group them however you like.

    It all depends on why you want to do it.