how do i copy only a portion of a spreadsheet

  1. #1
    tazsdad
    Guest

    how do i copy only a portion of a spreadsheet

    I'm having trouble copying only a portion of my spreadsheets to another
    folder. Highlighting the cells and copying and pasting, copies the entire
    spreadsheet. I only want to copy what i have highlited while maintaing the
    values.

  2. #2

    Re: how do i copy only a portion of a spreadsheet

    Are you trying to avoid copy|pasting hidden rows/columns?

    If yes, then select your range to copy
    edit|goto|special|visible cells only

    then edit|copy
    followed by edit|paste

  3. #3
    tazsdad
    Guest

    Re: how do i copy only a portion of a spreadsheet

    Dave, the problem still persists. When highliting only a few cells of the
    spreadsheet, the entire spreadsheet is copied.

  4. #4

    Re: how do i copy only a portion of a spreadsheet

    You're selecting a smaller range
    then edit|copy
    then selecting a new location
    then edit|paste?