How do i execute a VBA function by clicking on an excel cell?

  1. #1
    Matthew
    Guest

    How do i execute a VBA function by clicking on an excel cell?

    I am trying to open a file in a program (Microsoft) by clicking on an excel
    file.

    Initially I tried a regular hyperlink, but excel seems to ignore the
    [filename] part of: c:\directory\ustation.exe [filename] where
    [filename] is the actual name of the file. Excel only opens the program, not
    the file as well. Where as this DOES work as a command prompt from a command
    window.

    So I have written a function in VBA which does work. But I can't get excel
    to execute the function when I click on the cell, like a hyperlink.

  2. #2

    Re: How do i execute a VBA function by clicking on an excel cell?

    How about just putting a little button from the Forms toolbar next to that cell.

    Then assign your macro to that little button.