Favourites Items in the Toolbar

  1. #1
    Fish Head
    Guest

    Favourites Items in the Toolbar

    I would like to see in the next version of Office the option of Favourites
    in the toolbar. Every month I find myself looking for spreadsheets that I
    previously used last month. These items are no longer in the handy list of
    last used spreadsheets and I find myself looking for them in the hierarchy of
    directories.

    When I use Internet Explorer I am able to add the list of frequently visited
    items to my Favourites button. I would like to see the same feature built
    into Excel (or any other Office Application) so I can quickly retrieve these
    files in the same manner.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Favourites Items in the Toolbar

    I'm on an XL97 machine right now, and I have a "Favorites" folder.
    Check it out in the Help files.

    RD

    "Fish Head" <Fish [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I would like to see in the next version of Office the option of

    “Favourites”
    > in the toolbar. Every month I find myself looking for spreadsheets that I
    > previously used last month. These items are no longer in the handy list

    of
    > last used spreadsheets and I find myself looking for them in the hierarchy

    of
    > directories.
    >
    > When I use Internet Explorer I am able to add the list of frequently

    visited
    > items to my Favourites button. I would like to see the same feature built
    > into Excel (or any other Office Application) so I can quickly retrieve

    these
    > files in the same manner.
    >

    > ----------------

    this

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Favourites Items in the Toolbar

    Tools>Customize>Commands>Web

    Drag the Favorites button up to a Toolbar.

    Alternative........

    File>Open. Click on Favorites in the My Places Bar

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Fish Head
    Guest

    Re: Favourites Items in the Toolbar

    Thank You! I have always related this feature to Web Site and not to often
    used files. It works a charm.