Subtotals

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Julie
    Guest

    Subtotals

    I like to use subtotals for certain things, but I'd like to be able to be
    more specific about when subtotals show up. For example, I might have a list
    of 100 customers with various pieces of information about what they buy. If
    only 25 of those customers has several rows of data, then I'd like to see a
    subtotal for each of those 25 customers. For the other 75 customers, however,
    I'd rather not see a single entry, an identical entry as a subtotal, and so
    on and so on. It just looks messy and makes the report take up more space
    than necessary.

    Is there anyway to customize how subtotals show up?

    --
    Julie

  2. #2

    Re: Subtotals

    Nothing built into excel that does it.

    You could write your own code that does it, but it seems like a lot of work for
    not much benefit to me. (I've learned to live with excel, though.)

    Maybe you could stop using data|Subtotal and use data|pivottable. It might be
    different enough for you.

  3. #3
    Julie
    Guest

    Re: Subtotals

    Dave,
    Thanks for the answer. I realize now that I didn't mention in my original
    question that I'm referring to the subtotals in a pivot table, not just a
    regular spreadsheet. I guess the answer is still no, right?
    --
    Julie

  4. #4

    Re: Subtotals

    If you don't show the details, maybe that would be enough???