Excel freezes

  1. #1
    AJBell
    Guest

    Excel freezes

    Whenever I open Excel it freezes in the A1 cell and will not allow me to type
    into any cells.
    When I click on the cell to type in it,the blue cells running wildly and
    none of my functions will work and theonly way to exit the program is to
    enter" ctrl-alt-delete".
    Can anyone give me a fix or solution?
    Thanks

    --
    Arnold Bell

  2. #2

    Re: Excel freezes

    Maybe it's the keyboard.

    I'd try toggling the F8 key (used to extend the range). If that doesn't help,
    can you swap keyboards to see if that would help.