Are there skins or appearance schemes for Excel?

  1. #1
    pritchag
    Guest

    Are there skins or appearance schemes for Excel?

    I am working on a pricelist for use by my team and want to have a
    professional appearance. Is there anything within Excel that will allow me to
    change the look of the sheet?

  2. #2
    You can change the appearance of a sheet by formatting cells.
    What specifically do you want to change?

  3. #3
    pritchag
    Guest

    Re: Are there skins or appearance schemes for Excel?

    I have 4 cells for data entry including 2 dropdowns, and a larger number of
    cells showing the result. I want to make clear which cells require operator
    input, and which are purely for display. Display cells are protected. All I
    want is a good-looking form that is clear and easy to use.
    Thanks,
    guy

  4. #4
    Guy,
    I take it then that you have protected the sheet so that only the input cells can be changed?
    Have you tried formatting the cells with borders or colours and clear text notes/arrows (arrows are accessed from the drawing menu and can then be embedded)

    Nick

  5. #5
    pritchag
    Guest

    Re: Are there skins or appearance schemes for Excel?

    Thanks, all that is fine. Looking for something a bit more flashy; 3-D
    effects, chamfers, shadows etc. Anything in this area would be great.

    Guy

  6. #6
    jjbf22
    Guest

    Re: Are there skins or appearance schemes for Excel?

    pritchag-
    I dont know of any skins or preset schemes, but you can use the drawing
    toolbar to add shadows and 3-D effects to selected cells. you can make
    certain things stand out like that. Good Luck.