Excel Continous pagenumbering

  1. #1
    The Netherlands

    Unhappy Excel Continous pagenumbering

    Can anybody help me with the following issue:
    I have an Excel workbook with several filled sheets, when printint each sheet may contain more than one page.
    When adding pagenumers and selecting a group of sheets, the pagenumber always starts with 1 for each sheet.
    I would like to number continously:
    E.g.:
    Sheet 1 contains 2 pages
    Sheet 2 contains 1 page
    Sheet 3 contains 4 pages

    When grouping and adding current page Nr /total number op pages in the footer the total shows page x / 7
    thus: 1/7, 2/7, 1/7, 1/7,2/7, 3/7, 4/7 instead of 1/7 through 7/7

    Any ideas?

    Thank You,

    Hans

  2. #2

    Re: Excel Continous pagenumbering

    What happens if you group Sheet1, sheet2, and sheet3. Then print those selected
    sheets?

    (Click on sheet1's worksheet tab, then ctrl-click on the subsequent to group
    them.)

    Be careful when the worksheets are grouped. Almost anything you do to one sheet
    will be done to the others in the group.

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Excel Continous pagenumbering

    Hhalle,

    It sounds as if the first page number in File - Page setup is set to 1. Set
    it to Auto.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com

    "hhalle" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Excel Continous pagenumbering

    Thanks for the better answer, Earl.

    (I missed the part that said that hhalle had already grouped the sheets.)

  5. #5
    The Netherlands

    Smile Continous pagenumbering

    Hi Earl,

    It works, thanks, I thought I had the numbering on auto but . . . I checked it and it works, thanks.

    Hans
    Hans