Pasting data top 1st empty cell in range

  1. #1
    wfcmark
    Guest

    Pasting data top 1st empty cell in range

    Hi,

    am trying to past data from selection to first empty cell in a range.
    Have worked around it for simple sheet just by inserting new row, but
    this isn't any good for a sheet that has columns being totalled...

    The aim is to hit the button, paste selected data into first empty cell
    in range, but if all cells populated to go and do the same in a
    different range - eg a continuation page. The reason for this being
    that if I add new rows, the print range changes and will no longer fit
    onto the page (this is an invoice with subtotals/totals that are
    cleared when page is full and the 2nd page takes over...).

    Hope this is clear - seems that either all my problems are difficult to
    explain or I'm no good at explaining!!!!!

    Many thanks,

    Mark

    --
    wfcmark

  2. #2
    wfcmark
    Guest

    Re: Pasting data top 1st empty cell in range

    Hi,

    just 'bumping' this up in the hopes someone can help!!!!

    Cheers,

    Mark

    --
    wfcmark

  3. #3
    wfcmark
    Guest

    Re: Pasting data top 1st empty cell in range

    Hi again,

    one last try..!!!!

    Is this not possible? Too complex? or is my description of the problem
    unclear?

    Promise this is the last time I bump this up...!!!

    Thanks once again,

    Mark

    --
    wfcmark

  4. #4

    Re: Pasting data top 1st empty cell in range

    I think you're going to need to provide some details.

    If your ranges to paste have some kind of arithmetic sequence:

    50-60
    110-120
    170-180

    Then it could be possible to do arithmetic and look in the row to see if it's
    available.

    If the ranges to paste are all named something nice:

    Desc_001
    Desc_002
    Desc_003

    You could cycle through each of those ranges.

    Heck, if you named the ranges like this, you could even have a different number
    of rows for each description.

    ===
    When you don't get a reply to your question, it's usually because it's way too
    complex (time consuming) to do, it's way too obscure (and no one knows how to
    even start), the question is too difficult to understand/read, or there are just
    not enough details to even know how to start.

  5. #5
    wfcmark
    Guest

    Re: Pasting data top 1st empty cell in range

    Okay, thanks.

    I said in my original post I'm having difficulty explaining it clearly
    - I will rethink
    my description and re-post.

    Thanks for your help..

    Cheers,