Split date and time

  1. #1
    Warsteiner
    Guest

    Split date and time

    I need a chart that shows just the time in Y and the I am looking for an easy
    way to split date and time to creat the chart. The X will just have the days
    of each month. This way I can show how many time stamps there are on any
    particular day. So far it takes several steps to convert the day/time into
    time only or a macro. Maybe some guru has a better idea. BTW the list has
    several thousand entries per month.
    ArrivalDate
    12/1/2005 0:51
    12/1/2005 6:27
    12/1/2005 14:54
    12/2/2005 9:30
    12/2/2005 17:32
    12/2/2005 21:02
    12/5/2005 1:06
    12/5/2005 1:23
    12/5/2005 15:58
    12/5/2005 19:25
    12/6/2005 0:05
    12/6/2005 4:24

  2. #2

    Re: Split date and time

    If you want the dates in one column and the time in the next, you could select
    that range and do data|Text to columns.
    Fixed width
    Choose the correct mdy format for the date
    and general for the time

    (You may have to format the date column as mm/dd/yyyy if the time 00:00 still
    appears there.)

  3. #3
    Warsteiner
    Guest

    Re: Split date and time

    Man, I would have never thought about it. I was making it way to complicated.
    Works like a charm!!
    Thanks a lot
    Warsteiner