How do I unwrap text to columns?

  1. #1
    ChristineR
    Guest

    How do I unwrap text to columns?

    I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in
    one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2
    etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a
    delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard.

    I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise
    ALT+ENTER as a delimiter

    Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: How do I unwrap text to columns?

    Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data >
    TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How do I unwrap text to columns?

    In Text To Columns,
    Click "Other"
    Then hold down <Alt>
    Then enter
    010
    Using the Num keypad, *not* the numbers under the function keys.
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...