How can I move the active cell in Excel with the arrow keys?

  1. #1
    Chuck T
    Guest

    How can I move the active cell in Excel with the arrow keys?

    Some setting has changed in my Excel 2000 so that when I use the arrow keys
    the worksheet scrolls rather than the active cell moving. What do I have to
    do to get the arrow keys to move the active cell?
    --
    Chuck T

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: How can I move the active cell in Excel with the arrow keys?

    Hi Chuck,

    Try turning the scroll lock key off.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Chuck T
    Guest

    Re: How can I move the active cell in Excel with the arrow keys?

    Norman:

    How do you spell "Duhhhhh...."?

    Yes, my scroll lock key was on.

    I never use it, so it didn't occur to me that that was the problem.

    --
    Chuck T

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How can I move the active cell in Excel with the arrow keys?

    Chuck

    A hint.

    If your Excel Status bar is visible you will see SCRL down on bottom right
    corner.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP