Convert data into standard military time format

  1. #1
    geog
    Guest

    Convert data into standard military time format

    I am trying to convert military time data into an Excel recognized time
    format so that I can perfrom time calculations (add/subtract hours).

    My main problem is that the data is not all stored in a 4 digit format. Some
    is stored as "300" instead of "0300". I have tried formatting the cells to
    hhmm, but I end up with a cell containing "0000" regardless of the data that
    was there prior. I also tried the following:
    =text(cell, "0000")
    That displays the data correctly, but I can not perform any time
    calculations on it.

    Does anyone know how I can convert my existing data into a standard military
    time format? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Does anyone know how I can get my data in

  2. #2

    Re: Convert data into standard military time format

    =--(TEXT(A1,"00\:00"))

    format the cell as time:
    hh:mm:ss
    ????

  3. #3
    geog
    Guest

    RE: Convert data into standard military time format

    thanks - that worked for formatting the time. I really appreciate the help.