How do I change the default location when saving Email attachment

  1. #1
    Bob from Bristol
    Guest

    How do I change the default location when saving Email attachment

    When saving an Excel file that I opened from an Email attachment, I want to
    be able to change the default file folder to save the file in. In Outlook, I
    am able to change only the default file folder for attachments that are not
    yet opened. Once the file is opened in Excel (or Word), the default folder
    is still the original folder name. So far, I have not been able to find a
    way to change this default folder name.

  2. #2

    Re: How do I change the default location when saving Email attachment

    I don't think you can change this behavior for just email attachments.

    But Jim Rech posted this:

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...ef188ff2f81ee6

    or

    http://snipurl.com/kr74

    That shows a way to modify the SaveAs behavior for all File|SaveAs.