Using Countif with multiple criteria in the same column.

  1. #1
    Harley
    Guest

    Using Countif with multiple criteria in the same column.

    I need to count different criteria from the same column. For example, under
    the column Names, the criteria for one breakout might be Tom, Beth, John,
    Roger; the next breakout might be Joe, Sue, Randy, Bob.

  2. #2
    Assuming you want a count of "Ted" plus "Bob" you could use a formula similar to this.

    =COUNTIF(C14:C19,"Ted")+COUNTIF(C14:C19,"Bob")

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Using Countif with multiple criteria in the same column.

    =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:A10,{"Tom";"Beth";"John"}))

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...