links within excel don't work when workbook is e-mailed - why ?

  1. #1
    E. Nufizinuf
    Guest

    links within excel don't work when workbook is e-mailed - why ?

    I want to e-mail an excel workbook and have links within the document work
    when the recipient opens the file. The links are mainly within the workbook
    itself as navigational aids. The links don't work when my recipients open
    the workbook.

  2. #2
    JCM
    Guest

    RE: links within excel don't work when workbook is e-mailed - why ?

    I assume link refers to a formula that references another file on your
    computer. When sending a file with a link, the recipient will open the file
    & excel will keep the original values since it won't update the link without
    having access to that folder. The recipient can change the source of the
    link in the edit menu at the bottom under "links"