What is the action called, when you lock headings

  1. #1
    Stumpy
    Guest

    What is the action called, when you lock headings

    Or hold the column headings stationary while working way down on the sheet?

    I'll look it up in the help file myself, but don't see a description.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: What is the action called, when you lock headings

    It's called "Freeeze Panes" and can be found under Window>Freeze Panes.

    The rule is...........

    Rows above and columns left of the cell you select will be frozen.

    i.e. select B2 and Window>Freeze Panes.

    Row 1 and Column A will be frozen.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: What is the action called, when you lock headings

    If you want to hold the headers in row 1, select cell A2, click
    window>freeze panes

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Stumpy
    Guest

    Re: What is the action called, when you lock headings

    Thanks. I had freeze brains and forgot the term.