additional month calculation

  1. #1
    BorisS
    Guest

    additional month calculation

    I have a starter cell with a month/year. Is there a way other than
    date(year(),month()+1,1) to get the following cell to just add one to the
    month (and I need something that would continue for four years...I know that
    month 13 of any year is the next year, so am figuring that might play into
    this formula).

    Thx.
    --
    Boris

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: additional month calculation

    Assuming you DO need formulas, if the starter cell is, say, A2, you can use
    the formula =DATE(2005,ROW()-1,1) and copy that down for 47 more cells. This
    should be faster to recalculate since it uses only 1 date function (plus
    ROW()) instead of 3.

    But if you don't need formulas but just want the literal dates, type the
    initial date in your starter cell. Then right-click on the fill handle in the
    lower right corner of that cell, drag down for 47 cells, and when you release
    the mouse button, select Fill Months.

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: additional month calculation

    Hi!

    One way (requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed):

    =EOMONTH(A1,0)+1

    Format to suit.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: additional month calculation

    If you install the Analysis Toolpak addin you can use the Edate formula
    which adds months to a date eg
    =Edate(A1,1)

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  5. #5
    ScottO
    Guest

    Re: additional month calculation

    Try the EOMonth function. You'll need to load the Analysis ToolPak
    add-in first.
    It's self-explanatory, but if you get stuck you can refer to in-built
    help.
    Rgds,
    ScottO

  6. #6
    BorisS
    Guest

    Re: additional month calculation

    thanks all for eomonth suggetions. I had found it right before looking here.
    Does this mean that if my users do not have the toolpack, this function will
    not appear properly?
    --
    Boris

  7. #7
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: additional month calculation

    >Does this mean that if my users do not have the toolpack, this function
    >will
    >not appear properly?

    That is correct. Without the ATP the formula will return a #NAME? error.