where is the formula for calculating the APR

  1. #1
    slimcut
    Guest

    where is the formula for calculating the APR

    Financial credit agreements display the rate in terms of APR (the Annual
    Percentage Rate). There is an IT formula usually embedded in spreadsheet
    software. I cannot find it. Where is it located.

  2. #2
    Scott Wagner
    Guest

    RE: where is the formula for calculating the APR

    Take a look at the RATE function in Excel help.

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: where is the formula for calculating the APR

    Did you search for "rate" in XL Help?

    Take a look at EFFECT(), NOMINAL(), and RATE(). Note that EFFECT() is an
    Analysis Toolpak Add-in function (Tools/Add-ins...).