how do i hide negative values in excel

  1. #1
    ccarolla
    Guest

    how do i hide negative values in excel

    I can hide zeroes but I also need to hide negative values as well. How can I
    get negatives values to hide?

  2. #2
    I don't know if this is the answer your looking for. You could do some conditional formatting where if the value is negative you change the format of the text to white so you can't see the numbers. Format -- Conditional Formatting
    Cell Value is less than 0

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: how do i hide negative values in excel

    Select the range (or column)
    A) Use Format|Conditional Formatting
    Specify "Cell value", "Is less than" "0" and make the font white (or colour
    of cell background) that it disappears
    or B) use Format | Custom Format using something like $#,##0.00;""
    best wishes

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    ccarolla
    Guest

    Re: how do i hide negative values in excel

    that worked. thanks