UGH! Trouble downloading, and opening anything

  1. #1
    cali
    Guest

    UGH! Trouble downloading, and opening anything

    Please can someone help
    I am running MS XP2, and have had NO trouble getting updates or any
    downloads before, I downloaded the MS baseline security analyzer 2 nights
    ago, and now I have major trouble downloading(it keeps telling me my ACTIVEX
    control is not enabled, But I did enabled it and restarted my computer, I
    have to download my item without the ACTIVEX. I extract it and open Excel,
    and it tells me that it cannot read the file!!
    Is there a way to get ACTIVEX's downloaded if the ones that already have
    aren't working right?
    And, How can I fix the downloading and opening problem?
    Thank you
    to all who respond.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: UGH! Trouble downloading, and opening anything

    Just an idea.........

    Roll back your system using System Restore.

    Good luck.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...