Pivot Table Row Field Format (OLAP Source)

  1. #1
    Adrian Morris
    Guest

    Pivot Table Row Field Format (OLAP Source)

    I have a pivot table linked to an OLAP cube. In this instance, my only row
    field contains numbers (the number of days taken to complete a task) and all
    I want to do is display a count for each total (i.e. 234 items took 1 day,
    345 took 2 etc).

    The problem is that these numbers are listed as text, therefore 1,10,100,11
    instead of 1,2,3. In view of the number of days, I'm trying to avoid manually
    adjusting the list.

    Apart from importing the source data into Excel rather than using the cube,
    is there any way to get around this?

  2. #2
    johnE
    Guest

    RE: Pivot Table Row Field Format (OLAP Source)

    The problem is in your cube. Edit the dimension in your cube and change the
    ordering to the key for the number of days. Key fields get sorted
    numericaly. Thsi took me a while to figure out.

  3. #3
    Adrian Morris
    Guest

    RE: Pivot Table Row Field Format (OLAP Source)

    That's solved it! Many thanks for taking the time.