Update sheets from Master

  1. #1
    JR
    Guest

    Update sheets from Master

    Hello,
    Again, thanks so much for all the help on this newsgroup, much appreciated.

    I have a workbook with a master sheet and several other sheets. I would to
    see if there is a macro that will scan the master and update all the other
    sheets if they have the corresponding part number. I am using column "A2"
    starting the part numbers. Some sheets have the same part numbers listed, so
    macro needs to update all sheets even if dupicate part numbers,

    Thanks JR

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Update sheets from Master

    You should not need to run a macro to update cells which correspond to a
    part number.
    All "not-master" sheets should retrieve their information from the master
    sheet, using VLOOKUP(), MATCH() or INDEX() functions.
    Any change in the master sheet should automatically propagate to all
    dependent sheets.
    If that is not the case, tell us something more about the structure of your
    workbook

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JR
    Guest

    Re: Update sheets from Master

    Hello,
    Thank you for the response, but I am very new to this. How do you start one
    of the functions you listed?

    Thanks JR

    news:[email protected]...