Change default font format in Excel

  1. #1
    Michael Lortz
    Guest

    Change default font format in Excel

    I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I
    want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this
    workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold,
    red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each
    entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Change default font format in Excel

    Michael,

    Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the
    window that appears.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Application.IsText(Target.Value) Then
    Target.Font.ColorIndex = 3
    Target.Font.Bold = True

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Change default font format in Excel

    Michael,

    The version below can be switched on by putting RB into cell A1, and turned off by removing the RB
    from cell A1. That might be a little more useful.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    Static UseRB As Boolean
    If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
    If Target.Value = "RB" Then
    UseRB = True
    Else
    UseRB = False
    End If
    Exit Sub
    End If
    If UseRB And Application.IsText(Target.Value) Then

  4. #4
    Michael Lortz
    Guest

    Re: Change default font format in Excel

    Bernie,

    Thanks very much for your replies--they are great! Is there a way I could
    create a button on my toolbar to activate/de-activate this feature instead of
    pasting the code in and out or using a cell reference?

    Thanks,

    Michael