creating a reset button

  1. #1
    1vagrowr
    Guest

    creating a reset button

    I would like to clear values in select cells by pushing a "Reset Values"
    button. How can I make one? Thanks for any help on this.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: creating a reset button

    Here's a simple example ..

    Sample construct at:
    http://www.savefile.com/files/3858780
    ResetMultiCellRange_1vagrowr_misc.xls

    Draw a Command Button from the Control Toolbox* toolbar on the sheet
    *Activate it if necessary, via clicking: View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox

    Right-click on the button > View Code
    Copy > paste the code below into the code window on the right
    (clear the defaults first)

    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Range("B2,B4,B6,D2,D4,D6").ClearContents
    End Sub

    Press Alt+Q to exit VBE and return to Excel

    Click the "Exit Design Mode" icon** on the Control Toolbox Toolbar
    **the one with the "triangle" pic

    Test it out. Clicking the button will clear the multi-cell range:
    B2,B4,B6,D2,D4,D6

    --
    Rgds
    Max