Using excel for a database

  1. #1
    Jumbo
    Guest

    Using excel for a database

    I need a database with about 4-500 units (don't know the correct
    name), each with 3 posts: name, state, mail-address.

    I shall be able to export all the mail-adressesn to a txt file, with a
    comma and a space after each.

    I already have a txt with about 300 mail adresses, separated by a
    comma, and for a start, I need excel to import them and place them in
    the database (but without name and state)

    Is that possible?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jumbo
    Guest

    Re: Using excel for a database

    Or is it better to use word for it?

  3. #3
    Dave Patrick
    Guest

    Re: Using excel for a database

    Excel will work though I'd use prefer to Outlook or Access for this. Really
    depends on the purpose.

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

  4. #4
    Jumbo
    Guest

    Re: Using excel for a database

    On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:19:46 -0700, "Dave Patrick"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Excel will work though I'd use prefer to Outlook or Access for this. Really
    >depends on the purpose.

    .... which I described

  5. #5
    Dave Patrick
    Guest

    Re: Using excel for a database

    Actually no. Dumping them to comma separated text tells us nothing as far as
    purpose goes. You can do that any number of ways. Use whatever you're
    comfortable programming with.

  6. #6
    Jumbo
    Guest

    Re: Using excel for a database

    On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:41:27 -0700, "Dave Patrick"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Actually no. Dumping them to comma separated text tells us nothing as far as
    >purpose goes. You can do that any number of ways. Use whatever you're
    >comfortable programming with.

    Why are you here?