format a cell to read zero for any negative value

  1. #1
    Tony
    Guest

    format a cell to read zero for any negative value

    I would like some advise to show a zero value in a cell when ever the sum
    value of this cell is a negative value

  2. #2
    pinmaster
    Guest
    Hi, how about:

    =IF(SUM(A1:A10)<0,0,SUM(A1:A10))

    HTH
    JG

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: format a cell to read zero for any negative value

    Use a Custom Format, such as

    General;\0

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: format a cell to read zero for any negative value

    Hi Tony,
    You have two completely different responses, one will change
    the value, the other will not change the value but will change
    the display. Both replies are correct interpretations based on
    how you asked the question.

    ---
    HTH,

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: format a cell to read zero for any negative value

    Another way: =MAX(0,SUM(A1:A10))
    --
    Rgds
    Max