FTP upload to Server

  1. #1
    windsurferLA
    Guest

    FTP upload to Server

    I'd like to use the Save-On-Close Macro to automatically perform an FTP
    upload to save the file to my server site. Before I try to write the
    macro code, I need to figure out how to do it manually.

    I'm running Excel97 under WinXP. I could probably write (with lots of
    learning) a .bat file to do the job using a separate FTP application,
    but then I'd have to install that file on all machines from which file
    was to be uploaded.

    The help menu says:

    On File Menu - Click "Save as"
    in "save in" box, click internet locations (FTP)
    [ I only find a commands box in upper right corner,]

    The HELP instructions then say:
    from the list of FTP sites, double click the site your want

    [In the COMMANDS BOX - There is the add/modify FTP Locations option.
    And my FTP site is listed in the list of "FTP Sites."
    When I click on it, it shows "upload.myisp.com" where myisp represents
    my ISP. ]

    [I then insert my password in the password box and click ok]

    The instructions said...

    then double click the location within the site
    in file name box, type name of work book, click save

    I never get the option to select the location within the site.

    CAN I DO A DIRECT UPLOAD OF AN EXCEL97 FILE TO AN FTP SITE?

  2. #2
    windsurferLA
    Guest

    Re: FTP upload to Server

    For those that may be interested.. since posting message ... I have
    found that one can write and use an XL97 macro to save a file to an FTP
    server. Since the macro works with the key short cut, I expect that it I
    will be successful with implementing as an auto close macro.

    Basically you need to follow the XL help instructions being very very
    very careful in how you specify the FTP site.

    WindsurferLA