make a cell flash

  1. #1
    dwdw1
    Guest

    make a cell flash

    Is there anyway I can make a cell flash or alter the print colour to
    draw attention to it , as a result of an 'IF' formula? I need to add
    some details to a spread sheet so that If a cell produces a true or
    false result for an 'If' condition then that cell is highlighted in
    some way. Hope someone can help.
    many thanks DW

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: make a cell flash

    Hi DW,

    See Robin Hammonds suggestion at:

    http://tinyurl.com/b9bm8

    If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's
    'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: make a cell flash

    Take a look at Conditional Formatting in XL Help.

    Using CF, you can change a cell's color. You can't make it flash, but in
    my experience, most users find flashing extremely annoying.

    Several of my customers can't use flashing cells because it may violate
    29 U.S.C. 794d (Section 508 of the Disabilities Act), due to triggering
    seizures in susceptible people.

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: make a cell flash

    Hi DW,

    I fully endorse the comments in JE's adjacent post.

    My views on this subject are succinctly encapsulated in my comment:

    > BTW, Dave, I sincerely hope that you have not been converted to
    > flash / blink phenomena - I thought *you* had more sense!

    in the suggested link.

    ---

  5. #5
    dwdw1
    Guest

    Re: make a cell flash

    Many thanks all - lots to think about - I guess the conditional
    formatting will provide the solution I need- I'll avoid the flashing as
    it might well prove a problem.
    cheers
    DW