How do I copy all Excel files from old computer to new computer?

  1. #1
    Rfarsh
    Guest

    How do I copy all Excel files from old computer to new computer?

    How do I copy and save to a floppy to transfer to my new computer?

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy all Excel files from old computer to new computer?

    Kind of loaded question. I hope you know how to copy a file
    from your system to a diskette. Suggest you copy your files
    with Excel down. Diskettes don't really hold much data 1.44 MB.
    If you have high speed access you might mail them to yourself,
    possibly zip an entire directory and mail that to yourself. Once on
    your new machine you could create a backup to a CD of everything
    you transferred. .

    Take a look at
    Backup your files, always take backups
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm

    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Hi Rfarsh,
    In addition to Davids info, a USB Finger Drive (or a CD)
    would hold way more data than a floppy disk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfarsh
    How do I copy and save to a floppy to transfer to my new computer?
    Thx
    Dave
    "The game is afoot Watson"