Hyperlinks:Is there any way of getting around this?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    UK

    Hyperlinks:Is there any way of getting around this?

    Hi,

    I am trying to integrate some hyperlinks into my workbook, essentially all they are doing is jumping from one area on a sheet to another area on the same sheet.

    However, when I have a link at the top of the sheet and have it linking to a cell many rows below, when it is clicked the cell it's jumping to is made active but at the bottom of the visible area on my screen. What I mean is that the new active cell is not put at the top of the viewing area.

    Is there any way of getting around this? Seems a bit stupid to me!

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  2. #2

    re: Hyperlinks:Is there any way of getting around this?

    How did you insert the hyperlink?

    Did you use Insert|Hyperlink?

    If yes, then maybe you could rightclick on the worksheet tab that holds the
    hyperlink. Select view code.

    Paste this in:

    Option Explicit
    Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.Goto Target.SubAddress, scroll:=True
    On Error GoTo 0
    End Sub

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    UK
    Hi Dave,

    I have tried pasting the code in, but when I still click the link it jumps to the linked cell, but it is still appearing at the bottom of the screen.

    In web design, you use anchors and when a link is clicked that realtes to an anchor the anchor is displayed at the top of the screen, thus showing what's below it.

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks.

  4. #4

    re: Hyperlinks:Is there any way of getting around this?

    Did you paste the code behind the correct worksheet?
    Did you enable macros when you opened that workbook?
    (Try saving, closing and reopening -- answer yes to enable macros)

    And you did create the link via Insert|Hyperlink, right?

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    UK
    Yep, I did all those things, but no joy.

  6. #6

    re: Hyperlinks:Is there any way of getting around this?

    I don't have another suggestion. It worked fine for me.