Create a column upon insertion or overwriting of data.

  1. #1
    Swiatkowski Peter
    Guest

    Create a column upon insertion or overwriting of data.

    Hello,

    What should I read up on, where to look, what is the function or feature
    called, to learn how Excel spreadsheet be configured so that upon insertion
    or overwriting data in a cell, a new cell will be populated with the results
    that display relative difference and a percentage of change ?

    Peter

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Create a column upon insertion or overwriting of data.

    Hi Peter,

    You should look at the Worksheet_Change event.

    If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's
    'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

    For information on event procedures see David McRitchie's Event procedures
    page at:

    For an in depth discussion of Event procedures see Chip Pearson at:

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...