Duplicate Menu Choices

  1. #1
    JCLSB
    Guest

    Duplicate Menu Choices

    In Excel 2003 I have a client that when she goes to "File" and the drop down
    shows up there are duplicate menu choices to choose.The Menu shows as follwos;
    New
    Open
    Close
    New
    New
    New
    Save
    Save
    Save As
    etc etc etc..... indicating the rest of the menu is OK.

    What causes this duplicate Menus choices and how do I correct it.

    I have performed a detect and repair to no avail. I have uninstalled and
    reinstalled, but still have the same problem.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Duplicate Menu Choices

    Tools>Customize>Toolbars.

    Select Worksheet Menu Bar and "reset".

    If that doesn't work(and it should) then Tools>Customize>Commands.

    Scroll down to Built-in Menus. Drag her current File command off the Menu Bar
    and replace by dragging the File command up to the Menu Bar.

    If the duplicates keep coming back, check for any code that is adding but not
    deleting.

    Could also be a corrupt Excelx.XLB file which saves customizations to menus
    and toolbars.

    Close out Excel. Do a search for *.xlb and re-name to *.old

    Re-start Excel and it will re-build to default settings.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP