exploding a pivot table column into sheets?

  1. #1
    Greg Loriman
    Guest

    exploding a pivot table column into sheets?

    Hi folks,

    I would like to take one of the columns in my pivot table and generate a
    sheet per data value. It's the left-most column (in the "row fields"
    section), as you might expect.

    So where I might have had :

    2003 Ireland
    Scotland
    France
    2004 Malta
    Corsica

    on one sheet, I would then explode the date column and get two sheets,
    labelled 2003 and 2004, with a pivot (or just pure data) in each of the
    above.

    The reason for this is that the boss likes the pivot table but wants each
    subdivision in its own sheet. There are a lot of subdivisions, and further I
    must regenerate the reports frequently due to changing underlying data. It
    will amount to a lot of work grunt work, with little satisfaction.

    Is there a function that does this? Or perhaps someone has already
    programmed this?

    Greg

  2. #2
    Greg Loriman
    Guest

    Re: exploding a pivot table column into sheets?

    Found it. From the pivot table toolbar "show pages" is available. This does
    the job exactly as wanted.

    news:[email protected]...