Does a certain day fall in a particular week.

  1. #1
    Jaydubs
    Guest

    Does a certain day fall in a particular week.

    Hello Excel(lent) users,

    I am looking for a way to indicate whether a certain day falls in a certain
    week.

    I have a header of week numbers from 1 till 7. In a certain (undifened) cell
    i have noted =today(). Now I want the particular week to be highlited if the
    day of today falls in that week. Anybody cares to help?

    Thanks !!
    --
    ** Fool on the hill **

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Does a certain day fall in a particular week.

    Hi!

    Do you mean the weekday numbers from 1 to 7?

    What do you consider to be the first weekday of the week? Monday? Sunday?

    Assume your numbered headers are in A1:G1

    Select that range, A1:G1
    Goto Format>Conditional Formatting
    If Monday is weekday 1 then:
    Formula is: =A1=WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)
    If Sunday is weekday 1 then:
    Formula is: =A1=WEEKDAY(TODAY())
    Click the Format button
    Select the style(s) desired
    OK out

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Does a certain day fall in a particular week.

    Hi
    Let A1 hold the date for the start of the year, as far as you are
    concerned for Week numbering e.g. 02/01/2006 (2nd Jan 2006)
    Let B1 hold =TODAY()
    Let A2::G2 hold your week numbers 1 through 7

    Mark A2:G2
    Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is>
    =AND($B$1>$A$1+(A2-1)*7,$B$1<$A$1+A2*7)
    Choose Format as required.

    --
    Regards