combo box problem in Excel

  1. #1
    Tvnguye
    Guest

    combo box problem in Excel

    I have a program in Excel 2000. It works well. Recently I upgraded to Excel
    2003 then the combo box does not work well any more. The problem is when I
    click on the down arrow to select a name in combo box, it just works for the
    first time, the second time it shows the error message like this:

    "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected ad therefore
    read-only. To modify a protected cell or chart, first remove protection
    using the UnProtect Sheet command (Tools menu, Protection submenu). You may
    be prompted for a password".

    The cellink is locked. If I unlock the celllink, it works well, but that
    cell must be locked.

    Please let me know as soon as possible by reply to my email: [email protected]

    Thank you.
    Tvnguye

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: combo box problem in Excel

    Hi!

    >The cellink is locked. If I unlock the celllink, it works well, but that
    >cell must be locked.

    Well, that's how it works. If you're concerned about tampering hide the
    linked cell.

    Put it "under" the combo box. Out of sight, out of mind.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...