most frequently occurring value

  1. #1
    Registered User Pivotrend's Avatar

    most frequently occurring value

    hello

    how do i find out the most frequently occurring value, digit, or number in a set of rows & columns ?
    then i need to find out the second most occurring value then the 3rd

    then find the least frequently occurring value
    then the second least occurring value then the 3rd

    thanx...

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: most frequently occurring value

    Look in HELP for the FREUQUENCY() function

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    "Pivotrend" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: most frequently occurring value

    <FREUQUENCY()>

    make that

    FREQUENCY()

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: most frequently occurring value

    Assuming that the numbers are in A2:A200

    B2: = A1
    B3: enter

    =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(0,COUNTIF(B$2:B2,$A$2:$A$200&""),0)),"",
    INDEX(IF(ISBLANK($A$2:$A$200),"",$A$2:$A$200),MATCH(0,COUNTIF(B$2:B2,$A$2:$A

    as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

    Copy this as far down column B as you think you might have unique values in
    column A

    Select C2:Cn, where n is the number of uniques previously estimate (I have
    estimated down to 10 for this exercise), and then in the formula bar enter
    this formula

    =IF($B$2:$B$10<>"",FREQUENCY($A$2:$A$200,$B$2:$B$10),"")

    again an array formula, committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

    Bob Phillips