How can I copy/edit a protected worksheet without the password?

  1. #1
    ksmith81
    Guest

    How can I copy/edit a protected worksheet without the password?

    We have a large (4,000+ rows) excel worksheet from a prior employee that I
    would like to be able to use, but it is password protected and no one has the
    password. Is there a way to copy or save it as a different file that will
    not copy the password protection? It would save me a couple days of work if
    it is possible.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How can I copy/edit a protected worksheet without the password?

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    0-0 Wai Wai ^-^
    Guest

    Re: How can I copy/edit a protected worksheet without the password?

    > We have a large (4,000+ rows) excel worksheet from a prior employee that I
    > would like to be able to use, but it is password protected and no one has the
    > password. Is there a way to copy or save it as a different file that will
    > not copy the password protection? It would save me a couple days of work if
    > it is possible.
    > Thanks

    Hi.
    An easy way to do so is:
    - Go to the password-protected worksheet
    - Press "Ctrl+A" and then "Ctrl+C" (to copy all the contents of the worksheet)
    - Open and go to a new Excel file
    - Press "Ctrl+V" (to paste the contents to this new Excel file)

    Hope this helps.