Time in a negative format?

  1. #1
    PCERM
    Guest

    Time in a negative format?

    I am trying to set up a time management sheet for workers on Flexi Time but
    cannot work out how to show times in a negative format. All employees would
    normally work 7 hours per day and when they work 7.5 hours the sheet displays
    30 mins extra adding up over the week. However when the time is less than
    seven all that is diplayed is #########. Although the final column still
    calculates the total sum the display is not what I am looking for. Can
    anyone help please?

  2. #2
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Time in a negative format?

    Try 1904 type date format:

    Tools/Options/Calculation tab/(bottom left corner)

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „PCERM” ezt *rta:

  3. #3
    PCERM
    Guest

    RE: Time in a negative format?

    Thank you so much Stefi, that worked a treat and solved a problem I have been
    trying to solve for ages.

    Best Wishes for the new year and kindest regards.

    Peter

  4. #4
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Time in a negative format?

    Thanks for the feedback, next time ask earlier!

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „PCERM” ezt *rta:

  5. #5
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Time in a negative format?

    Note that changing to the 1904 date system will cause all your
    existing dates to be off by 4 years and a day.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    PCERM
    Guest

    Re: Time in a negative format?

    Thanks Chip

    In this particular case the sheet is purely to do with times rather than
    dates and works well or at least as I want it to appear. I'll bear that in
    mind though regarding the dates for future docs.

    Thanks again for your input.

    Peter