sql.request

  1. #1
    teepee
    Guest

    sql.request

    Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me
    can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A.

    The only guide I can find is at
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...SqlRequest.zip but it's
    really hard to follow.

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: sql.request

    From the MSDN Library:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/de...html/SEC41.asp

    Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a
    result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the
    connection string. There are a few examples of connection strings in the
    reference above, but since these are dependent on the database driver used it
    is not easy to give an all-encompassing guide on how to write the connection
    string. Best thing I have found is to search the database developer's site
    for "connection string" or do a generic net search for "Connection String"
    with your db name, e.g. "Connection String Oracle"
    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3
    teepee
    Guest

    Re: sql.request

    "K Dales" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > From the MSDN Library:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/de...html/SEC41.asp

    Many thanks