How to do a conditional format for multi cells

  1. #1
    dave wagner
    Guest

    How to do a conditional format for multi cells

    Lets say based on a value in A5 I would like to change the text format for
    cells d5:g5 (four columns), what would be the best procedure to do this, can
    it be done using conditional format if each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 or is there
    another way. By that do I input a conditional format for each cell
    d5,e5,f5,g5 (if A5> "xx" then <format>.

    A big Thank You for all the help.

    dave

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: How to do a conditional format for multi cells

    Yes, highlight the four cells and apply your conditional format to them
    all. You will need to use $A$5 as the reference.

    Pete

  3. #3
    dave wagner
    Guest

    Re: How to do a conditional format for multi cells

    Hi Pete,

    This did not work for me. For the "value" I have =$I$8-J54 in the cell, this
    is the number of days that has passed. So if 90 days has passed I want to
    grey out column k,l,m, and n. This is what I'm trying to do.

    I am assuming that the value of 90 is not showing due to the "date" format.
    Is there a simple solution that I am missing?

    Again, Thanks for your help.
    news:[email protected]...