Subtotal in a pivot table

  1. #1
    MarkM
    Guest

    Subtotal in a pivot table

    I have a question on calculating something in a pivot table. What I am
    trying to get is a % of the subtotal break in my table. I have a calculated
    field but cannot figure out how to get it to calc. the % off the shop total
    not the Total for the table.
    See the example below. For Shop 246-Database I want the Sum of % of shop
    total to be based off the Database DeliveryAmt (10575) / Shop 246 total
    DeliveryAmt (17317) = 61%, not the pivot table total (185852) = 5.7%. Retail
    should be Retail DeliveryAmt (6742) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) =
    39%, not the pivot table total (185852) = 3.6%.

    246 BRADENTON Database Sum of NContacts 88
    Sum of DeliveryCust 6
    Sum of DeliveryQty 8
    Sum of DeliveryAmt 10575
    Sum of % of Shop Total 5.69%
    Grassroots Sum of NContacts 1
    Sum of DeliveryCust 0
    Sum of DeliveryQty 0
    Sum of DeliveryAmt 0
    Sum of % of Shop Total 0.00%
    Retail Sum of NContacts 7
    Sum of DeliveryCust 4
    Sum of DeliveryQty 6
    Sum of DeliveryAmt 6742
    Sum of % of Shop Total 3.63%
    246 BRADENTON Sum of NContacts 96
    246 BRADENTON Sum of DeliveryCust 10
    246 BRADENTON Sum of DeliveryQty 14
    246 BRADENTON Sum of DeliveryAmt 17317
    246 BRADENTON Sum of % of Shop Total 9.32%
    Total Sum of NContacts 1046
    Total Sum of DeliveryCust 98
    Total Sum of DeliveryQty 147
    Total Sum of DeliveryAmt 185852
    Total Sum of % of Shop Total 100.00%

    I know if I set up the pivot table to only show each shop individually it
    will give me what I want. However, I have over 250 shops in total assigned
    to different districts and I am trying to show the data for the each district
    with the shop totals.

    Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Subtotal in a pivot table

    Not possible using built in but you can add formulas to the table like in
    these examples

    http://tinyurl.com/dfdqw

    http://tinyurl.com/c6xkt

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    MarkM
    Guest

    Re: Subtotal in a pivot table

    Thanks Peo. I was wondering if that’s what I had to do. Thanks for the links
    with the formulas, it saved me a lot of time trying to figure this out on my
    own.