countif trouble

  1. #1
    Craig
    Guest

    countif trouble

    Hi there, I'm trying to do a countif function on calendar cells.
    I have sheets named "Jan" thru "Dec" and the range is "D6" thru M35"
    I can't seem to get this function to work!

    I've a few different ways including naming the range.

    This is the base of the function I am looking for:
    =countif(Jan!D6:Dec!M35,"Craig")

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thank again in advance!
    Craig

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: countif trouble

    Craig,

    Put the names of the sheets in C1:c12, and use

    =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&C1:C12&"'!D6:M35"),"Craig"))

    Bob Phillips