Trying to use the INDIRECT funtion with a relative Row reference

  1. #1
    Paul Cahoon
    Guest

    Trying to use the INDIRECT funtion with a relative Row reference

    I have a worksheet where I have rows of information. Each row is made up of
    several columns of information. I am constantly updating the information by
    inserting cells and moving the old cell to the right. I am trying to use the
    INDIRECT function to reference the "G" column but I need the row number to be
    relative because I sort the worksheet based on the information I get back.
    INDIRECT works great until I sort then it is still refering to the row where
    the information WAS at. . .not where it is NOW. I hope this makes sense and
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Trying to use the INDIRECT funtion with a relative Row reference

    That has nothing to do with relative references.
    If you change the position of an indirectly addresses cell, you will have to
    re-evaluate its position in the INDIRECT argument.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...